File Scavenger 3.2 Revision 24 | 1.9 MB
File Scavenger- Version 3 is a file “undelete” and data recovery utility for Windows XP-, Windows 7, Vista-, Windows Server 2003-, Windows 2000-, Windows NT- and Windows ME/98/95-. File Scavenger- can recover files that have been accidentally deleted (including files removed from the Recycle Bin, in a DOS window, from a network drive, from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down) provided that recovery is attempted before the files are permanently overwritten by new data. File Scavenger- supports both basic and dynamic disks, NTFS compression, alternate data streams, sparse files, Unicode filenames, etc. Except in severe cases, both the file and the folder path leading to the file can be recovered.
File Scavenger- can also recover files from a reformatted or corrupted volume even when the volume has been deleted and its original position and size are unknown. File Scavenger- can scan an entire physical hard drive to look for traces of defunct volumes.
File Scavenger- uses advanced algorithms to handle disks with bad sectors and badly corrupted partitions. It can be installed on a hard drive or run from a portable storage device such as a memory stick, removable drive, CD or floppy disk. To run File Scavenger-, you must log on as a system administrator to the computer where data recovery is intended.
Files can only be restored if the disk areas allocated to the files have not been overwritten by new data. All recovered files should be validated for the integrity of the recovered data.
- Recovers the original filename and folder path.
- Recovers files deleted from a network share. (File Scavenger must be run on the computer where the share is defined.)
- Recovers files deleted in a DOS command window.
- Recovers files removed from the Recycle Bin.
- Recovers files deleted from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down.
- Recovers data from reformatted volumes.
- Recovers files from deleted volumes.
- Is especially effective in recovering digital images in JPEG format.
- Recovers files from broken striped volumes (RAID 0 or RAID 5) or volume sets (spanned volumes).
- Supports NTFS compression.
- Provides English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and Swedish versions.
- Supports both basic and dynamic disks.
- Transparently handles bad sectors when possible. Otherwise allows the user to skip ranges of bad sectors.
- Scans badly damaged partitions.
- Supports alternate data streams and sparse files.
- Can search for file patterns or file types.
- Recovers multiple files in one click.
- Can sort files by date, size, name, type, path, etc.
- Restores the original Create and Modified dates.
- Supports Unicode filenames.
- Scans very large volumes (hundreds of gigabytes) holding up to several million files or more on a computer with sufficient RAM.
- Detects certain file types based on their data patterns, thus allowing recovery even when the file system structure is totally lost.
- Saves a search session to a disk file for reloading later so that a drive needs not be scanned again.
- Scans disk image files.
- Supports FAT and FAT32, but in a limited manner due to the inherent weakness in those file systems.
Home Page – http://www.quetek.com/
|Search results for File Scavenger 3.2 Revision 24 (found 9 download results) .||Downloads||Speed||Date Added|